Wednesday, August 7, 2013

won't you celebrate with me (Lucille Clifton)

I don't know the cause why Lucille Clifton wrote this poem, but I can find resonance in my own life.

I get that this poem is a celebration of daily victories, of simply being every.day, but I also find a connection to celebrating that which may have been otherwise. Celebrate life, for it may have been otherwise; celebrate your being, for it may have been otherwise. That kind of thing.

I will celebrate to you! And to myself and to anyone else who finds a connection with this poem.

Favorite line: "won't you celebrate with me / what i have shaped into / a kind of life? i had no model."
won't you celebrate with me what i have shaped into a kind of life? i had no model. - See more at: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/23323#sthash.3XmCBUjJ.dpuf


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?