Sunday, May 26, 2013

By the Waters of Babylon [V. Currents] (Emma Lazarus)

Emma Lazarus, the poet of today's poem, is the author of that short poem on the Statue of Liberty - 'give me your tired/your poor' (that's from memory and probably not correct).

I do not like the poem today though. I don't know. From the title I get that there are at least 4 other parts to it. I think knowing those would help better explain what is going on in this poem.

So I feel as though I cannot evaluate it since I don't know what it is trying to say. I also have no idea why this poem's lines are numbered 1-7. Anyone else know?

Sorry, today's poem is a bust for me.

Favorite line: "the voice of Rachel mourning for her children"
the voice of Rachel mourning for her children

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?