Thursday, May 9, 2013

Time (Chris Martin)

I am back - back from vacation and back from a lack of Internet (though that may not be the case for long. Comcast is not my friend.) Today's poem is Time by Chris Martin.

I don't quite know what the poem is about, but I don't get that it is trying to tell a story, exactly. There are some awesome images and word choices and I liked reading the thing - all those repeated words. I enjoy the feel of the poem. I get a sense of writing (the art of it) from it.

Favorite line: "I make / voice, voice, voice, voices / like a fist / on thinking's door"
I make

voice, voice, voice, voices

like a fist

on thinking’s door - See more at: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/23537#sthash.19ivB2Lg.dpuf


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?