Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What is this?

Okay, so I stole the idea. Someone I knew in high school has started a similar blog where she, in order to become better read, picks two poems every day and discusses what she likes in them. I thought, "brilliant!" I have a workshop, but I am frustrated that we never talk about poetry in general let alone with any specificity. That is, we never talk about any poems but our own. Not that this one-sided 'conversation' will fill the need, but at least it will force me to think and read new poems. Maybe I'll even get better at reading and understanding poetry. So, here's the idea: I will read a poem every day. Then, I will write briefly about what I like and what I think it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?