Monday, September 16, 2013

Nonsense Alphabet (Edward Lear)

Again, I am le tired, but I couldn't resist this charming poem by Edward Lear.

It's like a primer for kindergarteners. I read it aloud (of course!) and the gait is so pleasant and fun. The little rejoinders of the lower case letters almost seem smirking they are so quick and sharp.

Delightful! It would go so well with illustration -- it simply must exist in that form somewhere. But even without pictures, the words are charming enough!

Favorite line: "I was some ice / So white and so nice, / But which nobody tasted; / And so it was wasted."
I I was some ice So white and so nice, But which nobody tasted; And so it was wasted. i All that good ice! - See more at: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/22065#sthash.bArLvCsw.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?