Monday, September 9, 2013

Time Study (Marvin Bell)

Maybe I should do a week of drink related poems. This one by Marvin Bell would definitely count.


It starts with a cup of coffee and then goes like a random thought in your mind - looping, but there does seem to be some forward motion/some method to the madness, but really if you look very close it's one giant mess. It's nonsensical, but you swear you think there is something to it.

And that's how I feel about today's poem. It's a great read - all that repetition. And at the same time, it seems to say nothing and yet something profound too. It's really rather marvelous how it accomplishes that. Cool cool. I just love the way this poem rambles.

Favorite line: "The coffee was cold so I said so. I said, "
The coffee was cold so I said so. I said,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?