Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Peyton Place: A Haiku Soap Opera [Excerpt] (David Trinidad)

Hee, it's a series of haiku (by David Trinidad)!

The gaps between the haiku remind me of the *blitz* of changing channels. I love how automatically each haiku brings to mind daytime television. All those references and allusions. It's actually pretty cool.


I don't know why I use excerpts for this blog. I always end on the same note - namely, that since I don't have the whole shlog I wonder how my 'talk' can get at anything in this poem. Since I only have a piece, isn't my 'talk' only piecemeal as well? By definition......

Anyway, this excerpt is amusing enough and I have enjoyed looking at this poem. Technically awesome and all that chatter about ditzy day-time tv makes me wonder about the bigger take of art and poetry and commercial appeal.

Favorite line: "I do not know which / to prefer: Shakespeare quote or / pillow fight after."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?