Wednesday, July 24, 2013

June Light (Richard Wilbur)

Happy Anniversary to me and my husband (of 3! years!!). A happy day full of love made me turn to romantic, lovey poetry tonight. This poem by Richard Wilbur does nicely.

A month earlier, so not quite in season, but still the romance of the poem infuses our day today. My husband's love to me is a gift I still can't quite believe. I see what N means when he says her love to him seems like "the first great gift of all". It's extraordinary, love.

This poem is not the perfect love poem for me (I appreciate it, but I don't feel it), so the hunt is still on, but I like the sense of love=a pure gift=something in nature. Love is whole; love is true.

Favorite line: "It seemed as blessed with truth and new delight"
It seemed as blessed with truth and new delight

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?