Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sparrow Trapped in the Airport (Averill Curdy)

I almost forgot. I'd turned off my computer and was brushing my teeth when I remembered: poem! So tiredness and a quick search yielded today's poem by Averill Curdy.

I like it - who hasn't seen a sole bird trapped inside an airport? Those automatic doors, the hordes of people, the tall, glass ceilings. It must happen all the time. I like that Averill Curdy took the time to notice and remark on it.


Perhaps because I am tired, but I read the first half without really picking out any meaning or finding any neat language - the bird's frantic arrival.

The end though is meaningful. The bird - a reminder of lives less encumbered.

Favorite line: "Looking more like a fumbled punch line"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?