Sunday, June 23, 2013

Permanence (Denise Duhamel)

What a stupid poem by Denise Duhamel. Can I say that? Perhaps it is too blunt a statement and thus patently untrue.


Dunno, but when I reached the end of the poem I just rolled my eyes. Because, of course, the tattooed woman will die young; she lived a dangerous tattooed life. I mean, she couldn't even work at Starbucks!

Laaaame! YMMV, of course.

Favorite line: "She says there are only two ways they hold her back. 1. She can't work at Starbucks."
She says there are only two ways they hold her back. 1. She can’t work at Starbucks. - See more at: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/23606#sthash.6dHWIPW7.dpuf

1 comment:

  1. I don't think those things are related, but I see what you're saying. I liked it, though. I thought the author brought up tattoos because it was a way of saying, she likes stuff like tattoos, not "girly" flowers, but her mother couldn't help but put flowers outside her coffin because she thinks of her daughter differently.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of today's poem?