Sunday, June 2, 2013

The life I live (Gregory Orr)

There are three poems by Gregory Orr at this link, but I'll only be talking about the second one. It's just an excerpt, but still the sentiment is strong and the poem seems complete (though it makes me wonder - what about the city?).

I enjoy where he breaks the lines. They make the short little poem without proper grammatical phrases easy to read.

I don't know where the rest of the poem takes the idea of 'the city', but I can imagine it to contain all of human interaction and possibility. Or perhaps, the title of the whole poem "The City of Poetry" is the clue, in that the city is poetry, so his life and his hoped for life only sometimes coincide in the creative realm, in writing.

Favorite line: "Sometimes, briefly,"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of today's poem?